Booming city, rich in diversity, abundant job opportunities, and leading centre of arts and culture: these are but few of the numerous good reasons to work and stay in Wellington.
Wellington is one of the best cities to live in New Zealand. And here’s why:
Proximity to major areas. With a span of only two kilometres in diameter, Wellington can be easily navigated around on foot. In other words, you can get to your destination quickly. And if you choose to commute, the city has the most well-used public transport systems with the least vehicular traffic congestion compared with other cities in New Zealand.
Accommodation. Wellington’s house prices are way below the national median.
- Rent. The cheapest way to rent is to share a flat with other people. The cost depends on the size of the house, the number of occupants, and location. But if you wish to rent an entire flat with your family, you can get a cheaper unit in the city fringes or outer suburbs.
- Hotel. Depending on your taste and budget, you may choose from the different accommodation types in Wellington – from central hotels, serviced apartments, hostels, to backpackers.
- Buy. The New Zealand property market is enjoying a sustained growth, and so does its economy within a low interest rate environment. So, you can expect mortgage rates to be competitive. Wellington offers many options to the house buyer. Financial institutions and lending banks offer flexibility on rates and terms.
Safety. Wellington has an efficient police force. There’s a strong coordination between government agencies and varied sectors to ensure that anti-social behaviour is curbed.
Activities. Situated within a scenic harbour, and being rich in history, Wellington never runs out exciting activities you can indulge in anytime.
- Visual and performing arts. The city is home to Te Papa, the country’s national museum; National Art Gallery; the Royal New Zealand Ballet, and; the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra.
- Recreation. Wellington offers a wide range of activities, depending on your preferences. You can go explore the city by walking or biking through scenic landscapes, stroll around the harbour, or enjoy the beach. If you are more of the adventurous one, you can go to the greater regional areas and enjoy the sights of the lush vineyards, play at the golf courses, go for bush walks, or visit the bird sanctuaries.
- Shopping. Wellington is home to a wide shopping complexes. If you can’t find it in Wellington, that only means you don’t need it.
Food. Again, depending on your budget and taste, Wellington offers you several places to dine and eat out. But, if you prefer to cook your own meals, there are also many places to buy fresh and good quality foods.
These are but few of the many reasons why you should stay in Wellington. Not to mention the great career opportunities in this booming city.